More shuffling from Renton this morning. I’ll make this quick because I can only ignore work for so long:
- Russell Okung had a “pretty good workout” Monday, and Pete Carroll added that Okung is “very close” to returning to action.
- Brandon Mebane is fully expected to return to practice at 100 percent healthy by Wednesday. With Red Bryant done for the year and Colin Cole still a few weeks away from practicing, Mebane’s return to the lineup would be huge.
- Michael Robinson is also expected to return to practice after recovering from a hamstring injury. He’s had a good year on special teams and would give that unit a boost upon his return.
- With these Seahawks healing, it’s too bad that Golden Tate will miss another few weeks. Though he hasn’t been as key for this offense as we thought he’d be in the offseason, Tate was just starting to come into his own. He should see a return by the end of November.
- The Seahawks waived T Breno Giacomini and QB Zac Robinson today. Both will be placed on the practice squad if they clear waivers. The move is a good sign for the chances of both Matt Hasselbeck and Russell Okung to come back in time for Sunday’s game in the desert.
- Finally, the Seahawks activated CB/S Josh Pinkard from the reserve/non-football injury list. Pinkard played under Carroll at USC, but had a promising career stifled with several injuries. The team probably wants to see what he brings to the table in packages such as the Bandit. His versatility with playing corner and safety certainly can’t hurt his case, either.