I have been thinking hard about the Seahawks loss against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers yesterday and started to reflect upon the upcoming game against the Rams. I put together a few things for you all to think and chat about regarding what would happen if the Seahawks win or lose this Sunday against the Rams.
If the Seahawks win:
- We will have a 7-9 record which is better than the past few years.
- We will have won the NFC West for the first time in four years.
- We will go to the playoffs for the first time in four years.
- Coach Carroll and GM John Schneider will get credit for taking a team to the playoffs in their first year with the Seahawks.
- We will have a possilbe lower pick in the first round of the 2011 NFL draft such as 21 or lower.
- Our younger members of the 53 man roster will get some prime time and playoff game experience.
- We will be in the trivia and record books as the only team in the NFL history to make it to the playoffs with a losing record.
If you want to read the rest of this article then click the “Read More” section below.
If the Seahawks lose:
- We will finish with a 6-10 record which still is an improvement over the past few years.
- The younger players on the team will get a whif of what the playoffs would have looked like, keeping them hungry for next year.
- First prime time game in the past two years.
- We will possibly get a top 10 pick in the 2011 draft.
- We will not be in the trivia and record books as the only team in the NFL history to make it to the playoffs with a losing record.
- With over 50% of the current roster looking for new contracts or hitting free agency, we will all have our hands full eyeing the free agency and the 2011 draft.
- The debate will heat up on whether or not Hasselbeck will be resigned or if the Seahawks trade for someone like Eagles’ Kevin Kolb or trade up the draft for a #1 QB.
That is just a few things I could come up with. What do you all think? What did I miss out?